Our customers have choices; so, we’re honored when they select Applied Image. Our dedication to quality has allowed us to become a leader in our industry. We’re seeking a Quality Control Technician to build upon this reputation with an unwavering commitment to precision. The ideal candidate is an organized, methodical professional who can support our drive to safeguard the quality of our products and foster a “quality culture.” You will be charged with reviewing, qualifying, and calibrating parts produced by Applied Image and ensuring we have met or exceeded the customer requirements.
If you like helping make sure things are done right and delighting customers, then this job is for you!
- Review Work Orders to understand job requirements. Your first step in supporting customer satisfaction for the job.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures and work instructions for production operations as needed or directed by the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Read and understand manufacturing drawings, specs, and tolerances. Be familiar with geometric tolerancing.
- Must understand and comply with the department and company quality objectives; our reputation depends on it.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Perform product calibrations using microscope and measuring equipment.
- Must love learning new things and lifelong skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and meticulous.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must maintain a clean, neat working environment.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct as per Applied Image company guidelines.
- Well organized and productive.
- Use of Microsoft Office products.
We have a team-oriented workplace. We strive to be a place where all people can engage, belong and grow.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
You will also work with chemicals such as acetone, alcohol, glass cleaner, and others as needed.
General office working environment using computers, phones, printers, etc. Some general light lifting may be required. General use of stairs will be expected.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during manufacturing hours (7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.).
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma, GED.
- No experience is necessary, but microscope or measurement experience is a plus.
- Good computer and technical experience is essential
Preferred Education and Experience
- AAS degree or some college experience in a technical field.
- Emphasis on Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing principles with yellow or green belt certification is a plus.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None for this position.
Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the USA.
Applied Image is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. It affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applied Image conforms to the spirit and the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, the company will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
This job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the employee’s activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. The duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by the VP of Operations or the President of the company.