ISO-12233 CIPA Resolution Chart (QA-72A)
This test pattern is an image evaluation tool for determination of resolution power, limiting resolution and spatial frequency response (SFR) of digital image systems. It is as specified in ISO-12233:2014 Annex A.
The ISO-12233 CIPA Resolution Chart contains a variety of test pattern elements and is imaged on photo paper. Users are advised to refer to International Standard ISO-12233 for a detailed explanation of the target’s features and their use.
The following is a summary list of image features:
- Framing arrows which define 1:1; 4:3; and 2:2 aspect rations, assist in framing the target’s active area.
- A central dual-frequency zone plate on a black square can be used to set focus.
- Central hyperbolic wedges measure resolution power from 200 to 2500 line widths per picture height (lw/ph).
- Slightly slanted squares (approximately 5o) and diagonal black squares (50o) provide spatial frequency response (SFR) at multiple locations.
- Horizontal, vertical, and 45 degree square wave sweeps measure aliasing ratios and resolution in a range from 200 to 2500 lw/ph.
Showing all 2 results